a The Transit Lounge: First's First

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, August 3

First's First

Actually the ring in my previous was my second engagement ring. Ben proposed to me 3 weeks ago on the beautiful island of Cebu, after we had spent the day diving in Moalboal. Since we were in the middle of nowhere, we bought this ring together by the beach.


It is the blue and green ring on the left - pleased to say it matched the outfit I was wearing at the time!! There is absolutely no way I will part with this ring...it may have only cost 100 pesos ($2) but our sentimental attachment to it is priceless.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger tokyo_girl said...

Is it made out of broken glass? Looks like it.

6:47 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Who knows? Probably, it cost $2... Safe to say the replacement us real diamonds and from Tiffany!

10:38 pm

 
Blogger tokyo_girl said...

Oh the Tiffany flower right? Yeah I've seen those, pretty! I'd rather get a no name ring personally than the cheapest Tiffany ring available, but I guess if you're into flower shaped rings then its right up your alley!!! xx

4:11 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Funny thing is, that ring made of broken glass still has a sentimental value worth mire than anything to
me. Thanks for the interest on my ring....I'm very happy either way and choosing a ring- well who knew there was so much out there?! And who knew it really gets as personal as it dies?!
Thanks xx

6:16 pm

 
Blogger Tania said...

It sounds like Tokyo Girl has a massive case of ring envy here - or maybe it is engagement envy!! It is usually the chicks who don't have it that start mouthing off at the ones who do, and we all know those flower rings are anything but cheap. I could have bought my car with one!

8:28 pm

 
Anonymous Djai said...

Tokyo Girl sounds like a twit if you ask me. Funny how she seems to know so much about Tiffany rings but then claims she does not want one! I asked some of my lady friends about this and they all laughed and said As If! As if Tokyo-Girl. Grow up. Jealous much?

PS Any girl who starts getting picky about rings should grow up. Tokyo Girl you are the type of materialistic girl men do not want to marry - probably will do a lot of other things to you but marrying isn't one of them.

8:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home