a The Transit Lounge: Not so Scum-tious

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, August 10

Not so Scum-tious

My fiance is involved with rugby union. And that's ok by me. He is big, buff, fit, has an amazing body, is very good-looking and has taught me a hell of a lot about the game. I am, after all, from an AFL dominated part of the world. *Melbourne*sigh*!

There is one aspect of rugby I do not understand no matter how hard I try. And that is the women who play it. They too are big, buff, fit and....In my experience, that is where the similarities end.

Australian Female Rugby Team

This past weekend Australia's female rugby side made it to the World Cup in London next year. More power to them. But that is part of the problem. Can't they trade in some of the power for poise?

My iPod Fast Facts application popped up with the following information this morning: "Testosterone levels in female rugby players rise up to 24 per cent pre and post matches, whereas the testosterone levels in male rugby players only rises up to 9%."

All I am saying is that maybe female rugby players should follow the example set by The Matildas, the Australian women's soccer (football) side. There is a very good reason Australians, soccer fans or not, actually know their team name.

The Matildas 2008 Olympic Team

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birds of a feather flock together?!?!

11:25 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be so mean and just let the girls have their fun!

11:34 am

 
Anonymous Sal said...

I love articles like this. They get people mad and reactive,
which is probably the purpose.
But I see your point. Dark alleys beware!

11:58 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home