a The Transit Lounge: I Heart Osaka

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Friday, September 11

I Heart Osaka


This tower is located in Shinsekai, Osaka, around the corner from where I used to live. The tower is known as the Tsutenkaku Tower - the tower reaching heaven. Well I guess heaven needs to pay bills too, which could account for all the advertising on this holy construction.

I love Osaka!! I got back to Tokyo today but my good friend Claire is arriving in Osaka tonight and I am hoping to get down next week with her and also to visit my old flat mate Naoko as well as my Freeza family Chie and Ayberk - and everyone else I know as a result of everything in between.

Osaka really holds its own against Tokyo - the nightlife rocks, the shopping is excellent and the food is sensational. But when I think about it, it was certainly the people I knew there that helped make it so special to me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

<< Home