a The Transit Lounge: Ginza Girls

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Saturday, October 17

Ginza Girls

Ginza is one of my Must Sees in Tokyo and on the weekend, Ginza is even better. The main road is closed to traffic so you can wander around and about. It also means it is THE place to see and be seen. You never know what you will see out and about on the weekend in Ginza - aquariums, ice sculptures, pet monkeys being carried, pet rabbits being walked on leads, the world's tiniest dog...and dolls of course.






So girly and so pretty. That is Ginza. All we need now is a dollhouse!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gator said...

First I thought this kind of phenomenon was a cultural difference with Japan that I would never understand.
Then, I talked about it to my (Japanese, but non-Tokyoite) wife, and she doesn't understand either...

5:58 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Exactly. I showed pics of men dressed as little girls outside Meiji in Harajuku to my Japanese friends and they were horrified! They had no idea this went on!!

8:51 am

 
Blogger digiboy84@gmail.com said...

Japan is a world unto itself. The schooling system, where i worked for quite a number of years is brutal...usually 10 to 12 hr days. So what do the kiddies wanna do when they leave? EXPRESS THEMSELVES of course....

9:32 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Too right Digiboy.

It's not brutalism!

11:58 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home