a The Transit Lounge: Oasis Radio

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Sunday, October 11

Oasis Radio

Check out an article I wrote for Oasis Radio, which can be found here. Scroll down, it is the article about one of my all time favourite parties, London Calling.

London Calling has been a part of my Japanese social calendar for nigh on many years now and has featured heavily in the earlier parts of this blog. The guys behind it do an incredible job and it is by far my number 1 pick of parties each month whether it is in Tokyo or Osaka.

Oasis Radio is also another great site, dedicated to bringing quality electro music and sound to the masses. Started by Oasis Dan of Oasis, my favourite bar/dance space in Osaka (since closed down & which was also featured heavily in the earlier parts of this blog), the content of music being streamed features a combination of hosted, live shows. It is also a great way to hear those sounds of Osaka I miss so much!

I laugh out loud when I think of the high jinks and tom foolery of the London Calling/Oasis halcyon days. Spas, drag queens, dance routines, Dan's zebra doona, upstairs, montages, downstairs, VIP rooms, interviews, DJs, articles, broken bones, NYE (how many times?), videos, so much dancing, Dan's place, photos, lots of love, and best of all great mates, fantastic beats and times I will never forget.

Labels: , , , , , ,