a The Transit Lounge: Fujiiiiiii!

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Wednesday, November 4

Fujiiiiiii!

My fiance and I have a joke about My Fuji. Not sure how it started but the fact that we have found ourselves staying at the base of Mt Fuji for the past couple of days has been nothing short of hilarious for the 2 of us. But I digress. As this is what I really wanted to show you - what I woke up to this morning.


And this is what I came back to after a day spent riding our bicycles around Kawaguchiko, one of the 5 Lakes of Fuji. Absolutely amazing.


We ate dinner this evening at a local Hawaiian restaurant (yes, that's right - the owner liked surfing and Bob Marley so naturally his restaurant was Hawaiian-themed) and once we finished up, we walked out into the dark night and could see Fuji's impressive silhouette rising up in front of us, with its snow-capped peak glowing in the moonlight. Ii gave us that feeling or sense that the mountain is protectively watching over those below her. Truly incredible.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home