a The Transit Lounge: Fun Fridays

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Thursday, December 3

Fun Fridays

I was very lucky to be a part of Learn Japanese Pod's Fun Friday podcast last.....Friday funnily enough.

You can check out the podcast here. I have not yet listened to it, but bear in mind it took place in a basement Mexican restaurant over frozen margaritas, after we had already started the night at the ¥500 bar in Midtown, Roppongi. Yes, we were fairly coherently incoherent if that makes sense. Mind you, the nigh didn't end there. If I remember correctly, there were some dance-capades at the New Lex, followed by some serious karaoke. I may have even been drunk enough to sing a version of the song I am walking down the aisle to.

Also, in terms of getting the local language down pat, you really can't go past the Learn Japanese Pod, all courtesy of Alex (and featured in my "suggested side trips" to the right of screen).

Oh, and there is a plug for the new blog the editor of the Weekender and I are doing on the mag's website: Tokyo In Heels! Check it out...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home