a The Transit Lounge: Rainbow Bright

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Sunday, December 27

Rainbow Bright

I can't tell you how in love with the Rainbow Bridge I am. It is certainly worth the ¥8000-¥10,000 taxi ride from the Tokyo metro area to home just to go over it - but this has to be done after dark because the nightscape of Tokyo viewed from the freeway canopies of Tokyo is unlike any other throughout the world. And although it is called Rainbow Bridge, it is only this past week that has seen it lit up like one (perhaps for Christmas?).



My fiance and I pretty much use any excuse to catch a taxi home - my face is always plastered to the window, marveling at our neon playground.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sally said...

Gosh they love lights don't they?

8:04 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home