a The Transit Lounge: Jet Coaster-ing About

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Friday, January 15

Jet Coaster-ing About

Japan loves a good Jet Coaster (rollercoaster), particularly when it is plonked on top of buildings. First there was the dodgy Festival Gate jet coaster, in Osaka's Shinsekai area. Fortunately this one is closed now. I did ride it twice and the view of Osaka's minami area, including Tenoouji and Ebisucho, was incredible, though I am not sure that was worth the ¥700 coupled with 30 seconds of ride stress that came with not knowing whether I would make it through in one piece or still in my seat...

Tokyo has this one, Thunder Dolphin. It sits on top and weaves in and out of Tokyo Dome City, a mall encompassing shops and an amusement area. It is pretty cool, although I don't know what dolphins have to do with roller coasters. And there was no fear of losing limbs or life, so the view is definitely worth it.





Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home