a The Transit Lounge: Japanese Wedding Dance

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Tuesday, March 30

Japanese Wedding Dance

I am getting hitched this week. We are not having a first dance, but if we did I bet it would go a little something like this...


It's time to boogie!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous oksana wall said...

Our best wishes for a happy marriage! Look forward to seeing the wedding pictures!
Oksana and Andrew Wall.
P.S. Great blog, lots of funny and interesting info!

8:20 pm

 
Anonymous oksana wall said...

How strange life can be... You have started with this:

"...and I saw the words 'Transit Lounging' on a page and they leapt out at me, immediately striking a chord within.

On the spot, I came to the conclusion that those particular words sum up the location I would best use to metaphorically describe where I am in life now, and where I have been for awhile. Stuck in an airport transit lounge somewhere, in between destinations, still going over the previous trip, recalling the good with the bad, and deciding on how to make the next journey better whilst waiting for that call over the loud speaker letting me know that boarding for the next adventure of my life is about to begin...

My only problem is, I am so uncertain about my final destination, that maybe I am waiting at the wrong boarding gate..."

No, you were at the right one! You were ment to go through all of it - the good and the bad and look where you have finished - or rather where you are starting the next chapter! Married to a good guy, living in Japan (AGAIN) and no need to wait any more for that call.

How ofter do you thik how lucky you are? Because you are very lucky, Lizzy!

Wishing you all the best in your new adventures!
Oksana.

9:38 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home