a The Transit Lounge: Oooooooh Saka!

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Thursday, May 6

Oooooooh Saka!


"Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane,
Don't know when I'll be back again..."

Saying goodbye to Osaka for the second time in my life. As I have said to others previously, I could find my way around this city blindfolded. Being here is just as comfortable to me as wearing my pajamas around the house. To me, Japan is Osaka. Osaka is Japan. I love Tokyo to pieces but her Kansai connection is really at the heart of it all. I know it isn't the last time I will ever see the electric life of the Dotonbori but it is hard when you don't have any time indication of when that will be.

The Big O. See you around like a fruit loop.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home