a The Transit Lounge: Ritz Blitz

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Friday, June 4

Ritz Blitz

View from the 52nd floor of the Ritz Carlton, Midtown.

I kid you not. If you are living in Tokyo and are after some invigorating relaxation time (I know, "invigorating" and "relaxation" don't quite fit together, but it is the perfect way to sum this experience up), you cannot go past the spa at the Ritz Carlton in Roppongi's Midtown.

Even if you don't live in Tokyo and find yourself in town for a few days, this is one luxury worth indulging in. For a start, the view of the city from the hotel lobby 45 floors up never fails to take to my breath away. And then there is the ESPA spa itself on level 46. I managed to sneak a treatment or two in one lunch break a couple of weeks back. Just don't tell my boss. She thinks I was a little late back from lunch because I was out interviewing for an article...well I was kind of. After all, I did write about it here. Have a read and then check it out for yourself.

My shoulders are feeling less tense just thinking about it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home